- 1/2 onion, diced
- oil for sautéing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 8 oz (approx 2 cups) roasted, peeled & chopped green chiles.
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup broth or water
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 small zucchinis, halved and sliced into 1/2″ pieces
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 4 cups loosely packed kale, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can of organic black beans
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Additional add-ins: organic corn, green beans, peppers, black olives, mushrooms, jalapenos
- 2 cups of goat cheese or Mexican cheese, optional
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful cilantro
- 2-3 green onions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
For the sauce:
Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil until nicely browned & aromatic. Sprinkle the arrowroot powder over the top and sauté for an additional one minute.
Add chilies, spices, salt, and broth to the skillet with onions & garlic and simmer for a few minutes to thicken slightly. Pour everything into your food processor or blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
For the enchilada bake:
Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot saute zucchini, kale, garlic, onions, and other vegetables together until tender and fragrant. 3-5 minutes. Stir in black beans.
In a 9X13 baking dish, lightly grease and start layering ingredients for the bake. Place thinly sliced sweet potatoes in the bottom of the dish, add ⅓ of the enchilada sauce, ½ of black bean and vegetable mixture followed by cheese. Continue layering to the top. Pour and remaining sauce on top followed by cheese.
Bake 30 minutes or until cheese has melted, sweet potatoes are tender and the bake is hot throughout. Enjoy!