Q. -Wait a second…. Isn’t fat BAD for me?
A. -Not all Fats. Your body actually needs fat to build cells, clot your blood, and move your muscles. There are, what I like to call “Phat Fats” (a.k.a good fats) and there are not so great fats (think industrial partially hydrogenated oils found in processed foods). For Example: Sesame Oil is actually loaded with vitamins and minerals!
Top 5 health benefits of Sesame Oil
1. Sesame Oil is rich in Zinc, Copper, and Calcium which help to prevent osteoporosis, and colon cancer, while reducing pain and swelling from rheumatoid arthritis.
2. The anti-fungal, anti-bacterial properties of sesame oil make it great for your skin, scalp, teeth, and hair.
3. Sesame Oil contains magnesium which has been shown to decrease anxiety and depression, aid in sleep, reduce the occurrence of migraines and asthma attacks.
4. Incorporate sesame oil for heart health! It has been shown to lower cholesterol and high blood pressure (a contributing factor in heart attack, stroke, and cardiovascular disease).
5. Sesame Oil is full of antioxidants can lower blood sugar!
A research study reported in the “Journal of Medicinal Foods” found that rats fed sesame oil had a considerable reduction in blood sugar levels, and had an increase in antioxidant compounds within the blood.
Check out my newest #MeatlessMonday post for a quick and easy recipe using Sesame Oil!